- Join BOMA
- News & Social
|BOMA Sacramento Scholarships|
2019 Careers in Commercial Real Estate Professional Scholarship Guidelines
Application Filing Period: October 28, 2019 – November 30, 2019
Building Owners and Managers Association of Sacramento & the Central Valley (BOMA), actively represents and promotes the interests of the commercial real estate industry in the greater Sacramento region through effective leadership & advocacy, through the collection, analysis and dissemination of information, and through professional development.
The BOMA Careers in Commercial Real Estate (CCRE) Committee works to increase awareness of the benefits associated with and foster the development of individuals seeking careers in commercial real estate. The CCRE committee is pleased to announce the availability of the 2020 Professional Scholarship.
Scholarship Award (one of the following):
Professional Eligibility Guidelines:
1. Current commercial real estate professional in good standing.
2. Seeking career advancement.
3. Ability to give back to the field in the future.
Awardees will be notified via email no later than December 21, 2019. If awarded, winners must attend BOMA Sacramento’s recipient luncheon in January 2020.
The below items must be submitted in order to process your application. Incomplete packages will not be considered.
1. Scholarship Application: Must be complete and signed (click here to download)
2. Applicant Essay: Essay topic is “How this scholarship will help me achieve my goals, career objectives or how BOMA will be a benefit to your growth”
3. Letter of Recommendation: This can be from an employer or an instructor
4. Resume: Must be a current resume
5. Copy of degree or certifications: This is optional to show prior dedication and interest
1. The CCRE Committee includes six (6) committee members that are responsible for reviewing and judging each applicant. The judging is performed on an individual basis on 1-5 rating system, then results are submitted to the Chair or BAE to consolidate the scores for each candidate. The individual scoring is not shared with the entire committee. If one of the committee members is an employee or co-worker of any of the candidates, then an alternative Board member will judge that candidate.
2. Judges will verify that all five (5) required items, listed above, are included in the Scholarship Package. Any package that is submitted without all of the required items will be disqualified.
3. Submitted material are reviewed based on content and grammar. Please review all documents carefully before submitting for consideration.
4. If there is a tie between two candidates, and one candidate has been a prior award recipient, then that candidate will be placed in the second position. If neither candidate has been a prior award recipient, then an alternative Board Member will judge the tied candidates to determine their ranking.
Please mail, fax, or email your scholarship package to the contact below, no later than November 30, 2019:
BOMA Sacramento & the Central Valley
P.O. Box 520, Clarksburg, CA 95612
P | 916.443.9092 | Julia@BOMASacramento.org