- About BOMA
- Government Affairs
The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Award is the most prestigious and comprehensive programs of its kind in the commercial real estate industry recognizing quality in buildings and rewarding excellence in building management.
During the award evaluation process, all facets of a building's operations are thoroughly reviewed. Buildings are judged on everything from community involvement and site management to environmental and "green" policies and procedures.
The competition consists of three levels. The competition begins at the BOMA local association level, winning entries advance from there to the regional level and, finally, regional winners advance to the international level.
Building Entries represent the best in building operations and management across 16 categories. These include:
2017 - 2018 TOBY COMPETITION TIMELINE
Intent to Enter Form Due - October 20th, 2017
Local TOBY Entry Fees Due - October 27th, 2017
TOBY Entry on the BOMA International Website Due - November 22nd, 2017
Sacramento Local TOBY Judging - November 27th – December 23rd, 2017
Presentation of Local Winners Awards at BOMA Luncheon - January 18th, 2018
Regional TOBY Submission - February/March 2018
International TOBY Submission Deadline - April 6th 2018
STEPS FOR ENTRANTS
1. Review the 2018 TOBY Awards Program Entry Requirements to ensure you qualify. Then, download, complete and submit the Intent to Enter no later than Friday, October 20th, 2017 by email to TOBY Chair, Kristi Cooper at kristi.Cooper@hines.com.
2. Send a check to BOMA Sacramento at PO Box 520, Clarksburg, CA 95612 for your $100 Members ($200 Non-Members) Local TOBY entry fee by Friday, October 27th, 2017. Email Itati Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request an invoice. If payment has not been received or an invoice has not been requested by October 27th, 2017 your application will not be judged.
3. Register your building and complete your application online through the BOMA International Website by November 22nd, 2017. Please note that a $25.00 data-submission fee will be collected to utilize the online system upon registering. Ensure that you read the 2018 TOBY Awards Program Entry Requirements carefully and include all required information and submittals.
4. Send your competition photos via email, flash drive or CD to Kristi Cooper no later than November 22nd, 2017. If submitting by CD or flash drive, please mail or deliver in person to 300 Capitol Mall, Suite 120 Sacramento CA 95814.
5. Share your Data through ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager. All Entrants, with the exception of industrial, mixed-use, public assembly and retail buildings are required to be ENERGY STAR® benchmarked and must share their data with BOMA International through the Portfolio Manager to be eligible to compete at the International level.
To share your data with BOMA International, go to the Facility Summary page on the ENERGY STAR® website by clicking on the facility name on the My Portfolio page. Select “Add user to share this facility” under the Sharing Data section (on the right-hand side of the page) and follow the instructions.
6. Prepare for Judging! Local TOBY Judging will occur between November 27th and December 23rd, 2017. Building Inspection Tours will occur during this time frame and will be scheduled individually with each Entrant.
If you have any questions please contact Kristi Melton, TOBY Chair at kristi.Cooper@hines.com of (916) 492-0300.
Past BOMA Sacramento International Winners